Share

The end of the 2nd World War generated waves of initiatives all over the Italian territory and in particular in the Brianza area.

Various industrial activities were starting and multiplying, highlighting the skills, the efforts and the enthusiasm of all those people who were contributing to the reconstruction and development of the country.

1953

On 23 October 1953, the engineer Vincenzo Cortese establish the company with its headquarters in Milan on Via Villoresi.

1959

The production plant is moved to Monza on Via Casati while the offices are moved to Via Zuretti, Milan.

1963

The offices are moved to Monza too, nearby the production plant.

1966

All the activities are moved to the current location on Via Beato Angelico in Monza.TAF patents and launches the first flap disc ever made. A flap disc size 165mm Ø with inserted flaps.

1967

The beginning of a successful and constantly growing export sales plan that will see TAF products launched all over the World.

 


1973

The production of flap discs is extended to discs in 110mm Ø, nowadays one of Europe’s best sellers.

1977

Starting from January, the Italian sales network is expanded considerably, helping to make TAF one of the leading abrasive companies in the Italian market.

1988

TAF ABRASIVI opens a second plant fully dedicated to the material conversion.

1989

Significant modifications to the production plant bring the width of TAF’s jumbo rolls of abrasive cloth from width 940mm to width 1240mm.

1991

The range of grinding and cutting discs is launched

1993

The range of flap discs with bonded flaps is launched

1994

The maximum width of production cloth is extended to 1420mm thanks to a further upgrade of the production system.

1996

TAF ABRASIVI obtains its first ISO9002 certificate.

2006

Demonstrating company’s growing success TAF’s turnover exceeds for the first time the threshold of 20 million euros.

2011

TAF ABRASIVI opens in Spain its first foreign branch.